I usually don’t celebrate birthdays, but maybe the milestones are different. I’m not sure why they should be, but certain milestones give us a way to celebrate life!
Even more rare than celebrating a birthday is having someone ask me what I want for my birthday, so when the Eternal Threads Board asked me what I wanted for my 65th birthday, I had to think about it. I didn’t have to think very long, however.
On May 18th we are celebrating my birthday and more importantly the 15th anniversary of Eternal Threads. When you talk about celebrating life, the last 15 years of the mission of Eternal Threads puts that in capital letters for me. LIFE AND HOPE to hundreds of women and their families. That’s something WE can all celebrate.
We have given over $1,000,000 of income to the women we serve just since 2005!!!! What more can we do?
Here’s what I wish for:
- $3500 to help Rafiatu, in Ghana expand her business so she can employ more women and girls. A production unit to make their own recycled beads and sandals and 6 sewing machines to train young women to sew.
- Help Rosemary expand her market in Uganda with rent for a local shop so she can have the funds to educate her four younger siblings.
- $8000 for 80 rescued girls in Nepal to have sewing machines enabling them to start businesses when they return to their home villages
- $10,000 to support another anti-trafficking border unit in Nepal that can rescue 200 girls in a year…$50 a life!
- Support for our Afghan partner and his family. They have received visas to go to India from Afghanistan where they felt increasingly at risk; as well as continuing our project in Afghanistan that his mother-in-law will oversee.
- Expand our market in order to support our artisans with consistent orders and sustainable income. Contributions to Eternal Threads allow us to improve our products, website and marketing strategies.
The board has set the goal of 1000 donors to give $65 each for this celebration. (Write “Celebration” in the Program:Other window). Those funds could enable us to do all of this and much, much more. A great celebration indeed!!!
This celebration is for everyone who has supported Eternal Threads with donations, purchasing products, volunteering or hosting a sale. CELEBRATE LIFE AND HOPE in your own life and that of so many women you have served.